19.6.13

006 | London Mens Fashion Week S/S 2014

London has done its Mens Fashion Week in the past 3 days. There are so many prints, short shorts and bright colours in so many labels. Since my taste is very monochromatic lately, I could not find any difficulties to find good minimal palettes in some labels. So here are my personal picks, all stuffs I would like to buy if I had enough money-ha ha.

Lee Roach

This is my first pick for the whole sets. Such a fresh reinventions from fresh designer, Lee Roach.  Good color accent and volume in most of the items.


J.W. Anderson

Continuing his ambiguous design mood last season, J.W. Anderson put some of exact design in both of his menswear and womenswear collections. I would totally say this fits my style aesthetic but if some of peoples asked me to wear this, I might think twice-- but the wide legged pants is good, though.

Alexander McQueen

Sarah Burton will always be Sarah Burton. As an Alexander McQueen enthusiast, I kinda disappointed to see her works as Alexander McQueen's replacement in her debut era back at 2011. But as the time goes by, I bet she succeeded to keep the McQueen DNA alive. The print is a bit Victorian and it reminds me of the last work of Alexander McQueen himself for his Fall/Winter 2010 collection. The rough paint effect design also reminds me of his Spring/Summer 2010. But for this collection, I could see some fresh airs Sarah did for the label.

Richard Nicoll

First time I saw the outfit treatments on this line, Givenchy's Madonna of the Rock popped out on my brain. Yet I take a closer look and oh, it's not. The prints matched the monochromatic colours. Me likey !

MAN by Craig Green

I couldn't say much with these stuffs. I would really love to see a person rock this outfit in a costume party. End of discussion.

Burberry Prorsum

Burberry has never fail to impress me. Christopher Bailey always did great cut for the pants and I'm dying to have at least one of Burberry pants-soon to be. I also love to see a treatment when there is one additional colour in the middle of black & white. A good color twist and Bailey did great executions for it in some of his items this season. Oh ! The duffle bag looks so tasty as well.

Lou Dalton, Christopher Raeburn, Astrid Andersen

Christopher Shannon, KTZ, Rag & Bone

Another good outfits from various labels goes to Lou Dalton and Christopher Shannon printed outfits in different finishing. Christopher Raeburn's printed shorts could be my further wish list like, it's really good. Astrid Andersen's embroidery treatment on a menswear is another stuff that stole my eyes, along with KTZ and Rag & Bone's winter look in the heat of summer. Any others ? So excited about Paris Mens Fashion Week. Damir Doma, Rick Owens and Boris Bidjan Saberi, probably ?

All photos by Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment