3.7.13

014 | Paris Mens Fashion Week S/S 2014

And finally, Paris ! I always excited to see most of runway presentations in Paris Fashion Week. Always looked different from another major fashion cities. And what's hot from Paris next Spring is, there are much of black and white looks from several major labels that I really really love. So here I go, my selections from Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014.

T by Alexander Wang

Alexander Wang

Balenciaga

Standing applause to Alexander Wang. Handling 2 labels and also newly as a creative director for Balenciaga, he ran all those labels in Paris Fashion Week and each labels got different kind of style. He's such a genius. My favourite goes to T by Alexander Wang, his affordable labels. How he did the treatment for the white lines into a black fabric. Kinda classic yet still looking good.

Baseball cap & leather fabric is the "it" stuff for next Spring in Alexander Wang, his main label. A sporty executions on several items he made like the caps, baseball jersey and football shorts. Meanwhile, what Wang did in Balenciaga is a classical reinvention of mens blazer, clean cut skinny pants in wool. All clean and slick.

Julius

Julius' designer Tatsuro Horikawa seems getting neat in some of his clothes for next Spring. A simple sleeveless shirt combined with a wide pants and Ninja shoes. He totally lifted up his Japanese heritage into his designs and seems that local Parisians could fit his design mood, hmm.

Ann Demeulemeester

First of all, I never thought to see floral prints in black and white. And suddenly, Ann Demeulemeester went out with some floral prints all over the outer outfits.

Rick Owens

In Rick Owens, it's either you go bald or you have a very long hair to match the style. Yap, I'd rather to see either bald or long haired male models in Rick Owens. But I didn't see Belarusian model Eugeniy Sauchanka walked in Rick Owens because for me, he deeply got the Rick Owens look.

So,what about the outfit ? As I mentioned on my previous post, my excitement goes to the footwear; Owens' collaboration work for Adidas, though. I do expect more from his designs but the exact thing is, he did great show. Those vertically elevated band at the end of his show wowed me enough.

Yohji Yamamoto

If someone asked me which designer that brought his/her heritage background at his/her best, I could say Yohji Yamamoto. Baggy pants, oversized tops, braided hair. He constantly did a collection that I usually say, "Wow. This is so Japan !" He made clothes that reminds me of an old Japanese movie with the extra wide pants that somehow, I see it more like a men skirt, though. But I just like it.

All photos by Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment